Frequently Asked Questions
Don't see your question? Email email@example.com
Monday-Saturday 9am-6pm Eastern Time
Here's a PDF and some details:
- 12-point Times New Roman
- Single-spaced, 1" margins
- Colloquy/Speaker IDs in bold caps
- Parentheticals: Inaudible, Phonetic, Break, Laughter, Applause, Cheers
We transcribe anything that is non-legal or medical in nature. That includes interviews, YouTube videos, podcasts, focus groups, and more.
Your transcriber, Chris DeArmond, has transcription expertise in the following areas:
- Foreign policy, diplomacy, and politics
- Speeches, interviews, press briefings, conference calls, radio, TV, video conferences, and YouTube videos
- Recorded statements
- Rush turnaround
- 4 speaker IDs
- Time stamps
- Line numbering
We include four speaker IDs. A speaker ID is a name, role, gender, or number that identifies one or more people. If Jane Smith is interviewed by three reporters:
- You could have two speaker IDs, "JANE SMITH" and "QUESTION."
- You could have four speaker IDs, "JANE SMITH" and each reporter's name.
- We'll identify more than four speakers for highly structured events (ceremonies, conferences, etc.).
Ordering transcripts online
To the nearest half-minute.
- Full refunds for orders cancelled before we've started transcription
- Partial refunds for transcripts in progress
Anytime, but we'll respond quickest during our business hours (Monday-Saturday 9am-6pm ET)
- WAV (including ADPCM, aLaw, GSM 6.10, PCM, and uLaw codecs)
Credit, debit, or PayPal.
Absolutely not! See screenshot below.
Pay at the time you place an order.
After you click "Go to Checkout" on the order form, you'll be directed to enter payment data.
We provide rush turnaround as standard. Here's how you can determine your turnaround:
- Ask for an ETA anytime.
- Check our queue before ordering (see home page)
- Empty queue means delivery in about 8x audio length.
We'll email you a link to download your transcript. For added security, links and their associated documents expire after 60 days.